Water & Vapor Barrier Membrane for Below Grade
Protect and preserve your below grade surfaces using HydroHalt, a high quality water and vapor barrier membrane. HydroHalt's water-based, polymer-modified formula is designed to waterproof and retard vapor transmission for a variety of (subterranean) surfaces, including concrete, masonry, brick, block, wood and metal.
Use HydroHalt to prevent damage and common problems cause by water intrusion for foundation infrastructure, walls (both negative and positive side), water retainment structures (e.g. dams), and other applications where excessive moisture is present. HydroHalt is also used in conjunction with mesh or mat materials for repairing cracks, joints and spalled areas. Use as a waterproofing adhesive for protection/insulation board or tile and as a base coat for other water-based surface wearing products. Can ONLY be used on vertical surfaces, DO NOT use on wear surfaces.
HydroHalt is composed of a medium viscosity water-based, modified polymer. It's anionic bituminous/asphalt emulsion base yields exceptional bonding, elasticity and waterproofing benefits.
- May be applied by roller, brush or (airless) sprayer, 40 - mil build
- Performs as a vapor and water barrier
- May be applied to green or uncured concrete and to damp surfaces
- Non-hazardous, non-toxic and non-flammable (VOC Compliant)
- Excellent elongation and elasticity
- Exceptional bonding properties; won't delaminate
- Not affected by ponded water
- Repairs cracks, joints and spalling with mats or mesh material
Coverage & Packaging
Available in 5 gallon (SKU# HYDHLT5G) containers. HydroHalt covers approximately 28 sq. ft. per gallon at 60-mils wet (to achieve 40-mils cured) or 19 sq. ft. per gallon at 90-mils wet (to achieve 60-mils cured):
- 28 sq. ft./gal at 60-mils wet (40-mils cured)
- 19 sq. ft./gal at 90-mils wet (60-mils cured)
Typical Uncured Properties
- Viscosity: 9m-13m centipoise
Typical Cured Properties
- Tensile Strength (ASTM 412): 32 psi
- Elongation & Elasticity (ASTM 412): 3,820%
- Resistance to Decay (ASTM E 154 § 13): 9% Perm Loss
- Accelerated Aging (ASTM G 23): No Effect
- Moisture Vapor Transmission (ASTM E 96): 0.071 g/sq. ft./hr
- Hydrostatic Water-Pressure (ASTM D 751): 28 psi
- US Perm Rating (ASTM E 96): 0.17
- Methane Transmission Rate (ASTM D 1434): 0
- Adhesion to Concrete & Masonry (ASTM C 836): 7 lbf./inch
- Hardness (ASTM C 836): 85
- Crack Bridging (ASTM C 836): No Cracking
- Low Temp. Flexibility (ASTM C 836-00): No Cracking at -20° C
- Sulfuric and Hydrochloric: 15%
Read the technical data sheet for instructions and limitations.